CompTIA Security+: Get Certified Get Ahead: SY0-401

CompTIA Security+: Get Certified Get Ahead: SY0-401

Postby Certified » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:59 am

CompTIA Security+: Get Certified Get Ahead: SY0-401 Study Guide:

This book was all that I needed to study and learn in order to pass the Security+ exam with a 96% score. Highly recommended if you are wanting to pass the Security+ exam.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/1939136024/?_encoding=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=ur2&tag=allthicom03-20&linkId=WY26AEHEP3XOYAXX

They recently updated the Security+ exam, and this is the most recent version of Darril Gibson's book. For me, this was a very interesting course of study.
I'm Certified.

If you go around looking to be offended all the time, then you will end up being offended all the time.
Certified
Site Admin

Re: CompTIA Security+: Get Certified Get Ahead: SY0-401

Postby Certified » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:07 am

The conventional wisdom is to try to experience practice exams from different authors before taking the industry exam. The school where I took the Security+ exam had acquired some practice exams from an external source, and I took those exams before taking the real thing. The practice exams ended being harder than the actual industry exam.

Here's a link to some practice exams for the Security+ exam.

http://www.amazon.com/CompTIA-Security-Certification-Practice-Edition/dp/0071833447/?_encoding=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=ur2&tag=allthicom03-20&linkId=OH3SBICRM2SHOVCB

I haven't tried these particular practice exams, because the school provided me with others. But, if you are not in school, I would recommend looking into some kind of practice exam before taking the real thing.
I'm Certified.

If you go around looking to be offended all the time, then you will end up being offended all the time.
Certified
Site Admin

Re: CompTIA Security+: Get Certified Get Ahead: SY0-401

Postby Certified » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:10 am

The Exam Cram books are also highly recommended for preparing for the industry exam.

This one hasn't been released yet, but I would like to get it when it is released:
http://www.amazon.com/CompTIA-Security-SY0-401-Exam-Cram/dp/0789753340/?_encoding=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=ur2&tag=allthicom03-20&linkId=V6RHERW4QSN6IPUG

If you learn the material in these books, you are pretty much guaranteed to pass the Security+ exam when you sit for it. In fact, all you really need to do is memorize the first book, the Darril Gibson book, and you should pass the Security+ exam. For me, the Security+ exam was the easiest one to pass.
I'm Certified.

Certified
Site Admin

Return to Recommend Books for Security+ Certification